Please note the Academy of Design requires a waiver form to be signed for all participants under eighteen years of age by their parent or guardian prior to attending a class, camp or workshop.
Payments: Seats in our classes, camps and workshops are based on availability and do require registration as well as a deposit of 30 percent of the total class fee. This deposit is non-refundable and reserves the class for your child. Your balance is due on the first day of the class, camp or workshop.
CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
1. Cancellations: Should you need to cancel your class or workshop registration for any reason one week prior to the start date of the class or workshop, the Academy of Design will process a refund (less the non-refundable deposit) within 10 business days.
2. Make-up Classes: We do not pro-rate classes and offer make-up options for classes missed. We allow one make up class per 8 week course for all weekday classes. Make up classes must be taken during another sewing class time but we do require advance scheduling so that we open a design station for your child.
3. Open Lab: We know that students will progress at different speeds, and may occasionally miss a class. We provide free of charge Open Lab for students to catch up on projects. Lab time must be reserved in advance, and will help your child stay on track if he/she misses a class.
4. Date Changes: Your child's registration can be transferred to another class time or day with one week notice (based on availability). Transfer must be of equal value.
4. Deposits/payments: cannot be transferred to another student.
5. Balance: is due at the start of class.
6. Trial: The Academy of Design will not take registrations on a trial basis; we offer one-day seasonal workshops, and you may also make an appointment to visit our studio.
7. Extended care: You must pick up your child at the end of class within 15 minutes. Extended care can be arranged in advance for $16 per hour, by contract only.
1. Cancellations: Should you need to cancel a camp please see the below refund schedule:
o Should the you need to cancel your registration for any reason one month prior to the start date of the camp the Academy will process a refund (less the non-refundable deposit) within 10 business days.
o 15-30 days until the session start date, 50% refund
o 2 weeks prior to start of camp session, 25% refund
2. Make-up Camp Days: Make up camp days may be scheduled for missed dates due to illness with a doctor's note if there is available seating. Student cannot make up more than 3 missed camp dates
3. Date Changes: Your child's registration can be transferred to another camp week or day with three weeks notice (based on availability). Transfer must be of equal value.